Why National Scoliosis Clinic
The National Scoliosis Clinic was designed to maximize patient convenience while providing the highest quality of scoliosis care. Our virtual model offers unrivaled access to primary care providers specializing in early detection and treatment of adolescent scoliosis. With an expansive care delivery system operating on a national scale, our virtual clinic is breaking ground in improving scoliosis outcomes and helping children live healthier, pain-free lives.
What to Expect
The visit will include a comprehensive review of the patient’s medical history, a virtual physical exam, a review of data (either from x-ray or 3D scan when available), education on the natural history and progression of scoliosis, risk factors, and coordination of any necessary treatments.
New Patient FAQs
Who is conducting the visit?
The NSC has trained primary care clinicians to oversee the assessment and treatment of scoliosis in children and adolescents. These healthcare providers are board certified and licensed to provide care in the states in which the NSC operates. The providers range from medical doctors to nurse practitioners, all of whom are capable of making necessary prescriptions, referrals, and orders for additional tests.
When can I schedule a visit?
Join the waitlist today to schedule your appointment soon! We have openings beginning in April.
How does the virtual visit work?
Visits will be conducted virtually; patients should be prepared for a video visit (guidance below). As the visit is virtual, the NSC’s providers may ask for the patient to perform simple movements to better assess their back and spine.
Once the appointment is scheduled a parent or guardian will download the National Scoliosis Clinic app.
Virtual providers will review the patient’s intake information and any data provided ahead of meeting with the patient.
How to prepare for a visit.
- Download the National Scoliosis Clinic App
Make sure to complete the patient intake form and upload requested data and documents.
- Ensure that the room where the patient and their guardian is taking the visit from is well-lit and that the patient has room to walk around and perform simple movements.
- Patients may be asked to remove their shirts during the visit so that the virtual provider can better inspect their back. Female patients can wear a bra without affecting the exam.
- When available, patients may be asked to conduct a scan with the NSite Scoliosis Assessment App (pending FDA approval).
- Do your best to ensure a quiet environment and make sure that both the patient/guardian and the provider can hear each other well.
What happens following the visit?
Patients will be sent a Visit Summary. They will also receive further instructions if their healthcare provider made a referral, prescription, or order for additional testing. Follow-up visits will be scheduled at the discretion of the patient, guardian, and provider.
Will my insurance cover this?
The NSC currently operates a cash-pay-only model. Patients may submit their visit summary and other appropriate information to their insurance provider however the National Scoliosis Condition does not guarantee that these visits will be reimbursed.
Appointment types include:
- 30 min session for new patients or for extended follow-up visits
- $89 cost for 30 min appointments
- 15-minute follow-up session (not for new patients)
- $49 cost
Patient Journey: Watch Lisa H's Story
Provider Insights: Meet Alison Dyszel